Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Glimpse from My Old School Days

This summer 2007, instead of enjoying the warmth of Vancouver's sun and laying down on the crowded English Bay waiting for the annual celebration of light to start, I went back to Indonesia. This short visit brought some sweet and sour memories to live. Today, I was re-organizing my pictures' folders and I was mesmerized by the ghost from the past and now I feel that my head is tampered by some questions that keep on coming every time I see some nostalgic stuff.

what makes memories alive?
why do the keep on haunting?
shall we not remember what had happened?
or shall we be captivated by the wonders of our memories?
when will it die?
where are the people in these memories?
are they thinking what I'm thinking when they see this old school slide show?

well, you might think that I'm stupid or even retarded by rising these questions. but honestly, all I'm doing is wondering how can we cherish every moments happened in one place? like these photographs...
how many years of my youth can they bring back into life just by seeing them?
are they as important for my school mates as they are for me?
can we cherish these memories together?
or shall it die as time runs away from us?

No comments: